Thursday, April 10, 2008

It had to happen sometime!

Well, after having 5 weeks of riding in relatively good weather, we finally hit our first day of steady rain! We left Navasota, TX this morning with dark clouds in the sky and after biking about 20 of our 73 miles a light rain started. As the day progressed, the rain increased. A quick stop at a State Park allowed me a chance to get my rain coat out of the SAG car, even though I was already totally wet. It rained hard the rest of the way in and was I totally soaked from head to toe. Fortunately it was not cold so we just kept going! It was fun in a silly sort of way! We sang silly songs and laughed as we took the spray from the cars and trucks going by. All in all it was a fun day, and thankfully all arrived at the hotel safely.

Tomorrow, I drive the SAG vehicle, which is good because I doubt that my shoes will be dry before tomorrow. It is a major job to clean up bikes and get everything dried off after a day like this. For the most part, all of the ladies had a good attitude about biking in the rain. We made the most of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, sounds like you gals could sing Gene Kelly's song 'SINGIN' IN THE RAIN' with an adaption or two. Something like:

I'm singing in the rain ... Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin' .... I'm clean from sin's stain
I'm laughing at clouds .... So dark up above
The SON's in my heart ..And I'm filled with HIS love
Let the stormy clouds chase...I'm safe in this place
Come on with the rain...I've a smile on my face
I ride down the lane....With a happy refrain
Just singin'....Singin' in the rain.

You may have to work on the chorus a bit tho':

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo...

Keep a'ridin' and a'singin' Deb,

More Hugs,

Tina

Anonymous said...

Tina: I love your song! And Deb, I can hardly wait for you to get back home. Things definitely are not the same without you. So glad you are having such a wonderful adventure and are staying safe and healthy. Love ya,
Dan (and Chico)