Thursday, March 6, 2008

Almost ready to ride!

Well, I'm here in San Diego, where the sun is shining, it's 73 degrees, and beautiful. We have had a good trip down from Washington seeing family and old friends. My group rides out tomorrow morning from the beach in San Diego. To say we are excited, would be an understatement. We are all worried about the weight of our suitcases, knowing that if it is more than 50 pounds, something has to stay behind. I hope to keep up with blogging every chance I get and will have pictures to upload next time.



Since I am one of the four SAG drivers, I will be driving once every four days. And also the SAG drivers have clean-up duties each night after dinner. Our job is to keep track of riders along the route, help those who need help, provide water, snacks, and a ride if necessary. Should be fun! My first day to drive will be Sunday--a 68 mile ride to Brawley. So, I should have lots of extra time to take pictures.

Tonight, we will have a "kick-off" banquet. Then early to bed to be ready for tomorrow. Blessings to you all. Thanks for all your love, support, and encouragement.

No comments: