Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm in Arizona!



Greetings from Wickenberg, Arizona!



We crossed the state line yesterday from Blythe, CA to Salome, AZ. It was a wonderful day of riding, with about 23 miles of it being on Interstate 10 out of Blythe. We all stopped at Quartzite to have a look around, snap a few photos and get refueled. We got off of the Interstate at US 60, which is a fairly bumpy 2 lane road, but travelled nice. The weather was ideal for riding and we got in early to Salome--which I discovered was not such and advantage since Salome is just a wide spot in the road and the hotel was--well, let's just say it had lots of "character". If you can imagine the Bates Hotel in Psycho, you are close!
Before arriving in Salome, we passed through the little town of Hope Arizona. As you leave Hope, the sign says "YOUR NOW BEYOND HOPE". Yes, this is how it was spelled. We all caught the typo and had quite the laugh taking our pictures by the sign. So, now you know, I'm beyond Hope!

The highlight of the evening was the state line crossing celebration. It was a fun party with Margauritas, chips, and guacamole--before dinner. No, it didn't spoil my dinner--I ate a hearty meal after that. That's one of the fun parts about biking all day.

Today, (Thursday) was my day to SAG. It was a good day in SAG, the ride was a short 57 miles, with no misshaps, and only a few flats. Everyone was in good spirits as they arrived--and many have taken off to see the sights. Tomorrow, we ride 67 miles into Phoenix, and I am looking forward to seeing many friends once I get in.

I continue to be amazed at the goodness of God to be able to do this trip. So far, the weather has been perfect, the comraderie fun and hilarious, the food has been wonderful, and I have felt strong and great. Thank you all for your prayers. I feel them and appreciate them so much.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like so much fun, Mom! Tell our peeps in Phoenix hello for me! Wish I could be there, too!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are having such a blast and are making such good friends. All that hard training (and running! ... I told you it would help) is paying off now, isn't it?!

Love you and miss you lots.
Dan (and Chico)