Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Day in Major Winds


Sunday's ride took us into El Paso, Texas, our fourth state! I drove the SAG vehicle, and was happy to do so as the wind whipped at up to 30 mph. It was a hard ride for those who persevered all 67 miles of it. Many opted to take the ride in the van to escape the wind, and I can't blame them. As you can see above, Micki and Ann (a mother/daughter team) are having fun with their bunny ears blowing sideways in the wind!

The fun part was that someone bought all of us rabbit ears and so our riders had ears on with their bike helmets. It was a comical site. We were all feeling very festive until the wind started whipping up. Today's ride is a short 47 miles on flat road, so we are all trying to relax and not hurry off this morning. It's amazing how perspective changes. 47 miles seems like nothing now, and we are in no particular hurry to get going. We have 20 days across Texas, so might as well take a deep breath, and smell the roses along the way.

I am especially thankful for all my friends who have been praying for me as I make this journey. We have had great weather, for the most part. I have felt good, slept well, and enjoyed each day, and the new friends I have made. God is good! Blessings to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
I don't know where this will find you, but I am praying for the Smythe family as you are grappling with the loss of your nephew. May God envelope each one of you as you comfort one another and mourn. I am heavy hearted for Aurora, Gerry, Michelle and their children. God is the Father of all, but it hurts to lose someone at any stage or age. Love, Connie