Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday--Globe Arizona, SAG

Greetings friends. I am again at a place where I can't post pictures, but if you go to the links on my page, there are blogs from women who have their laptops and are posting pictures. I know I am in a lot of them. And we all look alike in our biking gear.

Today we were riding to Globe from Apache Junction. Last night the big buzz was that rain and snow were in the weather forecast. The first half of our ride was to Superior, and then after that was the really big climb up to Globe through the mountain pass where the bad weather was expected. So, we all stressed out over the forecast, and whether or not we could ride it. And how to dress for the weather. I made it up to Superior and started up the climb with a group of hardy ladies who wanted to make the ride. It was still dry, but clouds were ahead.

We got a few miles up the mountain and then came to tunnel where 2 other riders were waiting and there was a Highway Patrolman sitting there as well. He was not wanting us to ride through the tunnel because it was snowing on the other side. So we had to turn around and ride back down to Superior, and wait for the van to come back and SAG us in to Globe. It was disappointing not to be able to finish the ride, but I was glad to make a decision on the side of safety and be able to ride another day.

Tomorrow we also have the forecast for rain, so I'll break out that rain gear yet. We have an 83 mile ride tomorrow to get into Safford Arizona.

No comments: